phosphor logging

Jeff Chan ckimchan17 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 13:40:09 AEDT 2019

Dear openbmc developer,

I'm debugging chassis power on issue, and found that I can't use journalctl
to display debug information, for example:

in chassis_state_manager.cpp
Chassis::Transition Chassis::requestedPowerTransition(Transition value)
{

log<level::INFO>("Change to Chassis Requested Power State",
entry("CHASSIS_REQUESTED_POWER_STATE=%s",
convertForMessage(value).c_str()));
executeTransition(value);
return server::Chassis::requestedPowerTransition(value);
}

but journalctl only display "Change to Chassis Requested Power State", the
"CHASSIS_REQUESTED_POWER_STATE=%s" part is missed, can someone tell me how
to get it back? I tried google but can't find the answer.

And that will be great if someone can guide me how to port and debug power
control, I tried "obmutil chassison" in debug console but doesn't work. I
can't find detailed document about porting.

Thank you!

Jeff