Re: [openbmc-kernel]: How to make pinctrl not affect pass-through function?

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Mon Nov 25 09:10:37 AEDT 2019

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019, at 17:20, www wrote:
> Dear Andrew,
>
> Thank you. I got it.
> Pass-through function is only a small and special part of GPIO
> function.
> If the entire pinctrl and ****/sys/class/gpio **** are changed due to
> this function, I am not sure whether it is appropriate.

I'm not suggesting you change pinctrl at all, so I'm not sure where you
got the idea that we'd need something so drastic as changing entire
subsystems. What I'm proposing should boil down to a new
configuration option to pass through the gpio userspace interface,
then adding appropriate support to the GPIO driver. We might need
to tinker with pinctrl a little to get the interfaces right, but nothing more.

Andrew