phosphor-bmc-code-memt: Support redfish remote firmware update with static layout image

Lei YU mine260309 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 13:51:29 AEDT 2019

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 10:24 AM Bright Cheng/WYHQ/Wiwynn
<Bright_Cheng at wiwynn.com> wrote:

> Hi Adriana,
>

> We add some modifications for phosphor-bmc-code-mgmt can support remote BMC update for static layout.
>

> Do you agree these modifications?
>

> phosphor-bmc-code-memt doesn’t support static-layout remote update since static layout fw package could only has “image-bmc” in the package.

For now, it does support static layout, you just need to upload the
tarball contains separated images, instead of the whole "image-bmc"
tarball.

> Following are the modifications
>
> 1. Add a name list for static layout only has image-bmc in the fw package and modify related image file checking.
>
> 2. Add checking ApplyTime property for static layout to decide whether reboot to apply update process or not.
>

> Please find the patch for these modifications in the attachment.

It may be useful to support the whole image as well, so please submit
the code to gerrit, and we could review the code.
Please follow https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#submitting-changes-via-gerrit-server-to-openbmc
for how to submit changes to gerrit.
Thanks!