No login prompt on obmc-console

AKASH G J akashgj91 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 23:43:35 AEDT 2019

Through ssh login on CentOS, we set /dev/ttyS0 to work in polling mode by
making its irq=0 using the following command

$ setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart 16550a irq 0

Now we are getting login prompt on serial console.

When we change /dev/ttyS0 back to interrupt mode with irq=4, we are not
getting login prompt over serial console.

We do not have a serial port connected to ttyS0 of BMC. So ttyS4 of BMC is
used as local-tty in obmc-console configuration.

Whether anything is required to be done in OpenBMC firmware to enable irq
mode for serial redirection.