entity-manager: adding additional fru formats to fru-device

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Tue Nov 12 07:47:47 AEDT 2019

> On Nov 11, 2019, at 3:06 PM, James Feist <james.feist at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> Oh I assumed it was long living, I guess I misunderstood. Either should be fine. Is there any reason to make the parsing logic a shared library?

None other than continuing to support the existing application.

Now that I think about it, I could probably re-work the existing application that uses the parsing logic to instead just call the fru-device DBus API (removing the need to expose the parsing logic via shared library).  Does that seem better?

> The parsing logic could probably just be a build switch otherwise, I imagine some sort of binary-to-dict function that we could just create multiple of and compile time choose what format we want.

Any issue with support for multiple formats at the same time?