Redfish Code Generation

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Sat Nov 9 06:49:43 AEDT 2019

On 11/8/19 9:42 AM, Richard Hanley wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was considering work on spiking out a tool to parse Redfish OpenAPI
> schemas, and create some minimal code generation.  Most of the existing
> swagger tools I've found for Open API are either for clients or too
> heavy weight for embedded use.
>
> Has anyone in the community looked into this subject?  Would people be
> interested in such a tool? Are there any pitfalls that people found that
> I should be aware of?

I heard at the hackathon that a couple of vendors have tried / are doing
this, and most of the pitfalls were size. OpenBmc also makes the problem
more interesting as the schemas aren't normally all that difficult to
create, it's negotiating with dbus, limiting the api calls, and all the
interfaces that seems to cause most of the problems. I'd be interested
in what code you're trying to generate and what problem you're trying to
solve. If you have some sort of white paper I'd be willing to give feedback.

-James