U-Boot environment management from userspace

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Fri May 31 10:35:38 AEST 2019

On Tue, 28 May 2019 at 18:41, Vernon Mauery
<vernon.mauery at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> Reading U-Boot environment variables from userspace is not difficult,
> but to do it in a standard way, (fw_printenv), it requires a fork and
> exec.

I came across libubootenv the other day. Whatever solution you come up
with to manage the variables could use this library. It's in
tools/env/ in the u-boot sources.

I would caution against the u-boot environment being used as a general
purpose settings store. We should use it for configuring u-boot, and
keep other settings somewhere else in the system.

Cheers,

Joel