Re: Intel kernel patches (was Re: Is there Intel node management support?)

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Thu May 9 15:42:48 AEST 2019

On Wed, 8 May 2019, at 18:32, Joel Stanley wrote:
> On Wed, 8 May 2019 at 03:44, qianlihu <wangzhiqiang8906 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 11:22 AM Deng Tyler <tyler.sabdon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all:
> > >     Is there any package support Intel node management in current openbmc or plan to support it?
> > According to my understanding, you can refer to these repos:
> > [ipmbbridge] (https://github.com/openbmc/ipmbbridge)
> > [node-manager] (https://github.com/Intel-BMC/node-manager)
> >
> > Also need the ipmi related patch here
> >
> > https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc/tree/intel/meta-openbmc-mods/meta-wolfpass/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-aspeed
>
> Is there a reason the Intel team has not submitted these patches for
> inclusion in the kernel tree?
>
> I encourage you to send them to the list for review and merging.

I encourage this too, as looking at the patches the authors of the drivers could
have provided input and avoided some confusion. For instance I have concerns
about the pinmux patch. Also, I feel like we could also try to hash out a general
solution to the LCLK issue rather than burdening each LPC driver with enabling
it.

Cheers,

Andrew