Is there Intel node management support?

Deng Tyler tyler.sabdon at gmail.com
Wed May 8 20:05:03 AEST 2019

Hi John:
    Thanks for your kindly reply. I still have lot of question about NM in
openbmc.

qianlihu <wangzhiqiang8906 at gmail.com> 於 2019年5月8日 週三 上午11:43寫道:

> On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 11:22 AM Deng Tyler <tyler.sabdon at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all:
> >     Is there any package support Intel node management in current
> openbmc or plan to support it?
> According to my understanding, you can refer to these repos:
> [ipmbbridge] (https://github.com/openbmc/ipmbbridge)
> [node-manager] (https://github.com/Intel-BMC/node-manager)

This repo implement a proxy which listen message from dbus then send
command via ipmbbriedge to ME. But it seems not fully support NM command.
Am I right?
According my understanding, DCMI command(netfn: 2Ch) is subset of intel NM.
In current openbmc phosphor-ipmi-host support DCMI command such as set/get
power cap value. Do these DCMI commands  implement for intel NM?
DCMI power cap command send dbus message to bus service
"xyz.openbmc_project.Control.Power.Cap", do you know which service charge
for it?

> Also need the ipmi related patch here
>

> https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc/tree/intel/meta-openbmc-mods/meta-wolfpass/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-aspeed

This link seems about kernel patch. What is your mean "ipmi related patch"??

Tyler