[External] QEMU models for new BMC chips

Sumeet Kochar skochar at lenovo.com
Tue May 7 10:29:01 AEST 2019

Community came together and drove vendors to deliver drivers to device tree bindings. Most of us who are part of this community purchase some BMC solutions in one form or the other and a large group in here has vested interest in deploying a stack that is vetted out through CI as best it can be. Solving it as a general requirement is more powerful in my mind than some of us solving on the side with a vendor. Vendors are part of this community so would love their feedback. I see mutual benefit. In long term as OpenBMC improves the CI model to me it would make more sense that code/drivers submitted for review have atleast gone through the CI flow without issues vs. the community running the CI and/or during manual reviews finding  issues late which could be discovered earlier through automation ? We certainly will contribute what we can individually and upstream what is ok to share publically respecting vendor IP on a new chip but to me that is catching the problem late. Doing what we can to avoid finding things late by making initial checklist more automated and effective can only help save limited cycles we all have. I'll leave it at that and let the community decide. Thanks again for response.