CLA concerns

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Thu May 2 01:44:12 AEST 2019

On Wed, May 01, 2019 at 02:38:41AM -0500, Timothy Pearson wrote:

>Is there a way to clean up the patent section of the CLA to make it
>clearer that only the patches submitted are released from patent
>infringement claims, and that any third party modifications to those
>patches (or to the codebase created in part by those patches) must
>still be cleared by their respective authors / maintainers not to
>infringe on the patent rights of other contributors to the codebase?

Hi Timothy

I'm guessing the first thing the lawyers will want to know is, what
wording would be acceptable to Raptor?  Do you think you could ask your
legal team to take a crack at the actual wordling they'd like to see
such that Raptor could sign?  Then any interested legal party can simply
review the wording and accept the change or propose an alternative.

thx - brad