[External] openbmc Digest, Vol 44, Issue 120

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Wed May 1 14:32:18 AEST 2019

Hi Sumeet,

On Wed, 1 May 2019, at 10:56, Sumeet Kochar wrote:
> I want to seek input from the community on QEMU support from BMC chip
> vendors for their new BMC chips.

I agree it would be great to have the chip vendors on board. I think some have
seen the utility of qemu, but ultimately it's up to them to either act on it for
their own purposes or for their customers to start pressuring for this as part
of their purchase arrangement.

We can start advocating for it as a community, but given the community isn't
the one purchasing the chips we don't have a lot of sway. As such from a
community perspective it's largely still a scratch-your-own-itch problem.

As such if you want to see improved qemu support please don't hesitate to
start contributing! Just like the kernel, we want the patches upstream, so
send them there first and we can backport as required.

Cheers,

Andrew