questions about host-state-manager on x86 platform

John Wang wangzqbj at inspur.com
Thu Mar 28 23:56:21 AEDT 2019

I found that on my machine (x86), phosphor-state-manager(host) doesn't work
as expected.
I have a problem when debugging. I hope someone can help me.

When `obmcutil poweroff` is executed, it calls `obmc-host-shutdown at 0.target
`
and  will change the CurrentHostState by judging whether
obmc-host-stop at 0.target is executed or not.

However,On my machine, obmc-host-stop at 0.target has never been executed.

$systemctl status obmc-host-shutdown at 0.target
obmc-host-shutdown at 0.target - Power0 Host Off
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/obmc-host-shutdown at .target; static;
vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active

on5263m5 systemd[1]: Reached target Power0 Host Off.

$systemctl status obmc-host-stop at 0.target
Obmc-host-stop at 0.target - Stop Host0
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/obmc-host-stop at .target; static;
vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

There is such a comment in the code

host-shutdown notifies host of shutdown and that leads to host-stop being
called so initiate a host shutdown with the -shutdown target and consider
the
host shut down when the -stop target is complete

But I have not figured out how -stop target is called.

In addition, if the shutdown is performed on the host operating system,
is it impossible for host-state-manager to know that it is currently shut
down?
In this case, how is openbmc handled? Which module should I refer to?

Thanks

John