Some problems about FruDevice in the entity-manager

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Tue Mar 26 10:05:17 AEDT 2019

Hi Henbin,
I am assuming your device is 16 bit and in your last email you said 16bit check is failing. If that check fails then following code will not get executed. Also while loop is same as i2c_smbus_read_i2c_block_data().

I would suggest one thing, if your 16bit check is passing and still you don’t see fru device, please make only one line change below and test.
    int ret = i2c_smbus_write_byte_data(file, high_addr, low_addr);
    //int ret = i2c_smbus_write_byte_data(file, 0, low_addr);

Please let me know result.

Regards
-Vijay