Does obmc-ikvm work with bmcweb?

Lei YU mine260309 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 14:34:55 AEDT 2019

> Are you using a web browser from Windows OS? It seems that there is an
> issue of Windows websockify/novnc. Use a browser from OS other than
> Windows til the issue is resolved.

It's Ubuntu 18.04's Firefox and Chrome.

> Did you test it using Tight VNC viewer after enabling external
> connection? The reason why I suggested that is to identify whether
> this issue comes from KVM web proxy or from KVM server.

Yes, TightVNC behaves the same as the KVM in browser.

> Need more information of your test environment.
> Server platform:
> BMC SoC:
> Host OS:

Server platform: OpenPOWER Romulus
BMC SoC: AST2500 with OpenBMC master + patches needed for KVM
Host OS: Ubuntu 18.04 server

There is an update from my testing:
1. If the host is in Peitiboot (this is an OpenPOWER's thing), or in OS
   without X, KVM sometimes works, sometimes does not work, as the log shown
   above;
2. If the host is in OS with X (e.g. lightdm), then KVM always works well.