OpenBMC Development Kit

Sai Dasari sdasari at fb.com
Fri Mar 22 07:22:19 AEDT 2019

From: "jainmjo at gmail.com" <jainmjo at gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 10:54 AM
To: Sai Dasari <sdasari at fb.com>
Cc: Openbmc <openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org>
Subject: Re: OpenBMC Development Kit

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 10:50 PM Sai Dasari <sdasari at fb.com<mailto:sdasari at fb.com>> wrote:

From: openbmc <openbmc-bounces+sdasari=fb.com at lists.ozlabs.org<mailto:fb.com at lists.ozlabs.org>> on behalf of "jainmjo at gmail.com<mailto:jainmjo at gmail.com>" <jainmjo at gmail.com<mailto:jainmjo at gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 8:26 AM
To: Openbmc <openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org<mailto:openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org>>
Subject: OpenBMC Development Kit

Hi all,

My team at Flipkart is working on porting OpenBMC to our servers.
Jain, Welcome Flipkart to OpenBMC community project.

Thank you!

Do you recommend getting Portwell's Neptune Alpha OpenBMC dev kit to play around with OpenBMC and get familiarised with it before jumping to actual servers?
Hope you have taken a look at https://github.com/openbmc/docs/tree/master/development. Would suggest to try OpenBMC SDK using QEMU followed by few EVBs from BMC SoC vendors @ https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-evb. Hope this helps!

Yes. I have already tried the SDK with QEMU. We use AST2500 based systems. By "AST2500 EVB", do you mean the Portwell kit or something else?
I meant EVBs provided by BMC Vendors (e.g. Aspeed and Nuvoton) and I suggest to check with those vendor for getting access to these EVBs.

Portwell Kit is designed based on AST2500 EVB and adds a COM-Express connector to connect host CPU processor. This will allow to test the communication path between hostCPU->BMC. Portwell kit will be useful in case you would like to test these host->BMC communication features. (e.g. UEFI->BMC, POST codes, error logging via SEL, ipmitool over KCS/LPC etc.). For getting access to this board you can contact portwell @ http://portwell.com/solutions/openBMC.php.

Thanks
Jain