Moving to Linux Kernel 5.0

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Wed Mar 20 17:56:59 AEDT 2019

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 22:29, Jae Hyun Yoo <jae.hyun.yoo at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > It's been a few releases since we bumped, so I'm going to publish a
> > 5.0 based tree this week. I've done some testing on the machine I have
> > (OpenPower Romulus ast2500) and it looks good.
> >
> > I'll be rebasing without discarding patches for this release. That
> > means if you have non-mainline patches it will still be there for
> > dev-5.0. Next release we will do a cleanout, so please ensure your out
> > of tree patches are on the upstream lists for 5.2 now.
> >
> I see the out of tree PECI patches are still in dev-5.0. Thanks much
> for rebasing it while you make the kernel update. I checked that
> dev-5.0 kernel works well in my machine.
>
> Again, thanks for your effort!

Thanks for the kind words Tao and Jae.

I've done some further testing on Palmetto (ast2400) as well as
Romulus, and with Jae's testing I think it looks good to go. I have
pushed the dev-5.0 branch to openbmc github, and submitted a patch to
Gerrit to move us to this new base:

 https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-aspeed/+/19335

The 4.19 tree is now closed. Please address future patches to the 5.0 tree.

Cheers,

Joel