Does obmc-ikvm work with bmcweb?

Jae Hyun Yoo jae.hyun.yoo at linux.intel.com
Wed Mar 20 05:09:00 AEDT 2019

Hi Lei,

On 3/19/2019 2:22 AM, Lei YU wrote:
> Hi Jae,
>
> Thanks for sharing the detailed information.
> I managed to do a build on Romulus and see the KVM partially working:
> * I can see the video output in the KVM page;
> * I am unable to do any operation, e.g. pressing a key does not seem to be
>    sent to host

Check if there are /dev/hidg0 and /dev/hidg1. If not, check kernel
configs again.
Also, check 'start-ipkvm.service' file whether that launches obmc-ikvm
using this options:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/env obmc-ikvm -v /dev/video0 -f 10 -k /dev/hidg0 -p
/dev/hidg1

> * When I browse to another page and browse back to KVM page, it displays a
>    small black block, instead of showing correct KVM view.

Try this patch:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/obmc-ikvm/+/19392

Cheers,
Jae