New Gerrit Upgrade Coming - 2.16.6

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 03:15:37 AEDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 10:26 AM Andrew Geissler <geissonator at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 8:59 PM Lei YU <mine260309 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Gerrit 2.16 has moved to the new polygerrit based view by default. It
> > > has some neat new features, although does take a little time to get used
> > > to.
> >
> > It looks modern, and has better notification, that when I login to the new
> > gerrit, it gives me below message.
> >
> >    You have draft comments on closed changes. (view all)
> >
> > It helps me to find that I have some comments drafted, but forgot to send.
> > This is really good!
>
> Thanks for taking a look Lei. My plan is to do the upgrade tomorrow morning,
> 3/19, 7-9am US Central time.

It was not without a bit of pain but the gerrit server is back up and running
with 2.16.7. If you happened to push some code up when I thought all
was good between 8:45am to 9:45 CT, then I'm sorry. In order to get
the new gerrit groups working we created for CI authentication I had to roll
back to the gerrit data I had when I started the upgrade. The simplest
solution seems to be to just make a misc update to your patch and
push it up again to get a new commit id.