Sensor value calculation formula

Deng Tyler tyler.sabdon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 22:46:14 AEDT 2019

Hi all:
    Thank for your kindly reply and that really help me. I meat same
problem discussed before by Patrick and Qianlihu as below. I add

EXTRA_OECONF_append = " --enable-remove-from-dbus-on-fail" in hwmon
append, but it still not working. Hwmon monitor service still
terminated  after init() called exit(0). I also try add
"EXTRA_OECONF_append = " --enable-negative-errno-on-fail"" and still
not working.

What do I miss configuration or understand?

>* On my board,when host powed off, the fan would stop.
*>>* then,phosphor-hwmon failed to start
*>>* debug:
*>>* cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/fan1_input
*>*         read error Connection timedout.
*>>* edit the config file,
*>*         LABEL_fan1 = fan1
*>*         REMOVERCS = 110 // 110 means ETIMEDOUT
*>>* when host powerd on
*>*         1. echo add > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/uevent
*>*         2. phosphor-hwmon started
*>*         3. host power off
*>*         4. phosphor-hwmon did not exit.
*>*         5. cpu usage of hwmon-read would be 4%
*>>* when host powerd off
*>*         1. echo add > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/uevent
*>*         2. failed to start phosphor-hwmon.
*>>* I found when phosphor-hwmon init
*>>*    Sensor::addValue would read fan1_input(there is no fan1_fault in sysfs),
*>*    and it caused read timedout unexpection.
*>>*    so init failed.
*>>* On my board,I  want to boot the bmc with phosphor-hwmon when host
powered off.
*>>* what should I do ?
*
You have a couple options, one will basically remove the sensor from
dbus on read failure, the other just leaves it but sets the value to
-errno (in this case ETIMEDOUT).

There are two configuration option switches for these, you can add it
to your bbappend:

Milton Miller II <miltonm at us.ibm.com> 於 2019年3月9日 週六 上午12:34寫道: