How to use fru-device

John Wang wangzqbj at inspur.com
Thu Mar 14 21:41:28 AEDT 2019

Hi all

I have now encountered a problem with fru-device (entity-manager).

1 Make the fru.bin file /etc/fru/baseboard.fru.bin for
testing,Everything looks great
2 dd if/etc/fru/baseboard.fru.bin of=/sys/class/i2c-dev/xxxxx/eeprom,
busctrl tree xyz.openbmc_project.FruDevice will appear
/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/____________product_manufacturer_______________________________
Similar path. View the properties through busctl introspect and find
that the property values are also garbled.
3 Delete the eeprom node in the dts file and still have this problem.

Note:  eeprom at24c512 16bit

Does anyone help me to point out where I should pay attention when
debugging, how should I solve this problem?

Best Regards

John