Static code analysis tool for openbmc

Lei YU mine260309 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 00:43:33 AEDT 2019

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 6:15 PM Ratan Gupta <ratagupt at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> Is there any plan to use any static code analysis tool in openbmc? I

In Jenkins job, we have cppcheck to do checks on the code.

> find one of the tool which is good and used in multiple opensource
> projects is "coverity".

I would prefer clang static analyzer, but other tools like coverity is also
welcome.
And if possible, there is much stronger analyzer PVS-Studio Analyzer (need
license though). I read [PVS-Studio's blog][1] and that tool is really really
good.

But I think the main question is, what to do with issues found by the static
analyzer? We need to define some rule to fix or ignore the issues.

[1]: https://www.viva64.com/en/b/