Restore MAC address to factory settings

Jandra A jandraara at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 06:41:52 AEDT 2019

Hello all,

I’d like your input on the value you see – if any – in the ability for
a user to restore a MAC Address to the factory default via the GUI
(Network Settings).

BACKGROUND: Several end users have told us that they RARELY need to
change their MAC Address, if at all. However, we’ve heard from several
subject-matter experts that there IS value in making the MAC Address
editable as well as having a way to restore it to the factory default.

QUESTION: Is there value for the end user in being able to edit a MAC
address? What about restoring it to the factory default?

VIEW CURRENT DESIGN:
https://ibm.invisionapp.com/share/RQNYHJ0VBDY#/319002386_V2_Networking_Mutliple_VLAN

Appreciate all thoughts on this.