New Gerrit Upgrade Coming - 2.16.6

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 06:37:55 AEDT 2019

It's getting to be that time again. We're currently running on 2.15.2.

We discussed in the infrastructure group last week on whether we should
just update to the latest 2.15 release or go for 2.16. The general consensus
was we're OpenBMC, we always love to be bleeding edge :)

So here we go, I've setup a test instance of it with a snapshot of our code
from this morning. This lets us all check it out and also let me make sure
I could recover our gerrit server with the data I've been backing up
(i.e. disaster recovery):

https://gerrit-test.openbmc.org

Please remember, any review comments or attempt to merge will be
useless with this link, it's just for you to play around with and provide
any feedback on.

Gerrit 2.16 has moved to the new polygerrit based view by default. It
has some neat new features, although does take a little time to get used
to.

Let me know if you see any big blockers, otherwise I'll try and roll this out
within the next week or so.

Andrew