How to upload proposal and code for specifying and customizing projects?

Ed Tanous ed.tanous at intel.com
Sat Mar 9 04:34:05 AEDT 2019

On 3/7/19 6:49 PM, Tony Lee (李文富) wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>

>> I can certainly create a quanta-dbus-interfaces repository if you'd like.  But first - I'm just curious about what sorts of DBus APIs you have?  Are they actually specific to Quanta machines, or could they be put in phosphor-dbus-interfaces?
> Understood. It can also be used for the machine has NVMe drives on it. The APIs could be put in phosphor-dbus-interfaces.
> for example, "xyz.openbmc_project.Nvme.Information”. The properties will be SerialNumber, VendorID, SmartWarnings, StatusFlags, DriveLifeUsed.

There is already some initial work to do this, and this is definitely
not a quanta specific feature.  It should not be put in
quanta-dbus-interfaces.  The design document below is laying the ground
work to enable NVMe-MI.  It be great if you could help to review it
before implementing anything, or pushing your own design doc.
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/docs/+/18031/

The long term intention is that this will be implemented as part of the
xyz.openbmc_project.Asset interface, and leave the NVMe information to
an NVME-specific API.

>> Could you briefly talk about what some of the applications that present/would present these APIs do?
> The application is to retrieve information of the NVMe devices by NVMe-MI commands via SMBus directly.
>
> Thanks
> Best Regards,
> Tony

It would help a lot if you could help to review some of the code reviews
in progress that are working through NVMe-MI.  That will accelerate NVMe
support faster than starting over from scratch.

-Ed