Initial MCTP design proposal

Ed Tanous ed.tanous at intel.com
Fri Mar 8 06:35:25 AEDT 2019

On 3/7/19 12:46 AM, Deepak Kodihalli wrote:

> I agree to this as well. I've got two PLDM stacks on my laptop
> (requester and responder) talking to each other over libmctp (over the
> serial binding - making use of fifos instead of an actual serial
> connection). I'd like to push a couple small commits to libmctp as well
> (I made a PR for one of them at the moment).
This is one thing I've wondered before about the way PLDM is being built
out.  Testing the implementation against itself doesn't really test the
correctness of it, unless you're creating a bunch of asserts on data
structure elements, and even then, it just tests that you're giving what
you expect, not that you faithfully implemented the spec.

Do you plan to run this implementation against something other than
itself to test at some point?  If so, what device/implementation are you
planning to target?