How to upload proposal and code for specifying and customizing projects?

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Thu Mar 7 15:19:41 AEDT 2019

On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 07:05:59AM +0000, Tony Lee (李文富) wrote:
>Hi Brad,
>
>I have two new packages "phosphor-nvme"

Is this package already written?  Would you mind filling out a design
template for it?

https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/designs/design-template.md

> and "quanta-dbus-interfaces" for specifying and customizing projects.
>There was a service pooling status of NVMe devices in " phosphor-nvme "
>and several d-bus interfaces for Quanta in "quanta-dbus-interfaces".
>
>1. Is it will be put into a new repository or put it under the meta-quanta?
>2. As for the proposal, is it still need to commit to gerrit under openbmc/docs ?

I can certainly create a quanta-dbus-interfaces repository if you'd
like.  But first - I'm just curious abouut what sorts of DBus APIs you
have?  Are they actually specific to Quanta machines, or could they be
put in phosphor-dbus-interfaces?

Do the applications that implement the APIs in quanta-dbus-interfaces
already exist or are you planning on writing them in the future?

Could you briefly talk about what some of the applications that
present/would present these APIs do?

thx - brad