Initial MCTP design proposal

Ed Tanous ed.tanous at intel.com
Thu Mar 7 07:04:00 AEDT 2019

On 2/12/19 12:43 AM, Jeremy Kerr wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>

> For example, we don't yet have a solid demonstration that the interfaces
> are fit for what we need. That'll shake out as part of the prototyping
> work that I'm doing now, but there may be changes needed between now and
> then.
While this statement was true at the time you wrote it, I don't think
that's true now.  I've got the basics of the transport working against a
real NVMe drive target over MCTP.  At least for the simplest case seems
to work well and I'm pretty happy with the result.  I'd like to see the
repo get started just so we have a place for gerrit reviews.

While I agree, there's going to be some churn, I think it's probably
good to have a place for said churn over pushing PRs between our
individual personal github repositories.

>> To that end I could create an initial empty repository in the openbmc
>> namespace and you could push your tree there for review, when you are
>> ready.  How does that sound?
I would like to see this happen.  Once it does, I'll likely push reviews
for the commits in this tree to it (which includes both Jeremys commits
as well as my own.
https://github.com/edtanous/libmctp/commits/pr1

> Yep, I'd be happy to do this when we decide on a good time to do the
> reviews.
I vote the time is now.  Any objections?

-Ed