PID control configuration usage

Matthew Barth msbarth at linux.ibm.com
Thu Mar 7 06:36:02 AEDT 2019

I'm investigating the functionality and use of pid-control to what is
currently being used on IBM's witherspoon system. Is there a PID control
configuration being used that's upstream? I am unable to find any
systems in the meta layers using pid-control that provides a direct
configuration example. It looks to be used in the Intel layer that pulls
a config together from entity-manager and presents it on dbus to
pid-control, but I dont follow how the entity-manager json transforms to
the consumable pid-control json. Could someone point me to a functional
(possibly in-use) example or show the json config produced from
entity-manager?

Thanks,
Matt