anyone interested in chip register error diagnostics?

zshelle zshelle at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Mar 5 07:22:45 AEDT 2019

On POWER, I work on a component that listens for hardware errors
reported by registers in the system chips (processors, memory buffers,
I/O chips, etc.) and performs service actions based on those errors. I
have been working on porting some of this code to the BMC for system
fatal error analysis (see my work-in-progress proposals:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/docs/+/18591/ and
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/docs/+/18831/). As part
of the new design, we are building a generic, data-driven register error
isolator, which will be used by several applications within POWER.
However, it has the potential to be useful on other architectures as
well. I am curious if anyone in the community is interested in this.