OpenBMC at the 2019 OCP Summit Hardware Management track

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Sun Mar 3 08:36:24 AEDT 2019

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 04:09:13PM -0500, Brad Bishop wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 09:18:02PM -0500, Brad Bishop wrote:
>> Hi Everyone
>>
>> The TSC has asked me to present at the 2019 OCP Summit on behalf of the
>> OpenBMC community.  You can see the abstract here:
>>
>> https://2019ocpglobalsummit.sched.com/event/Jil3/openbmc-project-update?iframe=no&w=100%&sidebar=yes&bg=no
>>
>> I will be hashing the presentation out in the next day or two. If you
>> have anything you think might make sense to talk about there, I'd love
>> to hear about it.
>>
>> Also, I intend to publish a draft once I have composed it, if you'd
>> prefer to leave feedback that way as well (or instead).  Stay tuned.
>>
>> thx - brad
>
>I've put a draft here:
>
>https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/files/OCPGLO19_OpenBMC_Project_Update-draft.pdf
>
>It is still very draft-y, but you can get a sense of the outline and
>high level flow.  I could use help calling out any function implemented
>in 2.6 and any function planned for 2.7.
>
>thx - brad

Hi Everyone

The final draft was due last Thursday...I was able to get an extension
until Monday due to some personal extenuating circumstances...

I've refreshed the link above with a new version, that incorporates the
feedback I've received.  If there is any additional/new feedback, please
let me know...I can try to get it incorporated, but no promises...I
don't know if OCP will allow any additional changes.  I would still
appreciate hearing your feedback because even if I can't update the
slides, I can still bring it up during the presentation itself.

If I get updates/suggestions prior to Sunday evening I should be able to
incorporate them without issue.

Thanks!
-brad