Meeting - Network Settings

Jandra A jandraara at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 05:46:43 AEST 2019

Xiuzhi -- Thanks for joining today. Ratan is the backend developer leading
the work for Network Settings.

Ratan -- I'm helping create the design mockup for including IPV6 in the
Network settings panel so that Lenovo can do the front-end implementation.
Do you know if the work your team was doing for this will be merged to the
master soon?

I have some questions I am hoping you can help answer for this IPV6 design:
- What happens to zeroconf when both IPV4 and IPV6 are enabled? Does it try
to assign an IP address to both (in the case that DHCP doesn't give either)
or does it only assign either an IPV4 IP address or an IPV6 IP address?
- What is the format of IPV6 DNS servers? Is that also in the format of an
IPV6 IP address?

I have built the latest openbmc project image by adding the option "ipv6"
> in the term DISTRO_FEATURES_DEFAULT in the file
> /meta-phosphor/conf/distro/include/phosphor-base.inc. I can ping the
> openbmc  IPV6 IP successfully, but cannot login to it by openssh command.
> It seemed that there are some works on openbmc embedded OS to support IPV6.
> Another issue from Ruixia is the IPV6 Dbus Interfaces design, I found
> there are some IPV6 rest-Dbus or Redfish interfaces on yaml files
> available. I don' t know is it enough to the IPV6 webui.

Ratan, would you be able to help Xiuzhi with this?

Regards,
Jandra Aranguren