RE Redfish Host Interface and Related Security model

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Thu Jun 27 01:36:53 AEST 2019

On 2019-06-25 17:32, Paul.Vancil at dell.com wrote:

> Hello.  I will call into security WG meeting tomorrow 6/26.

I look forward to seeing you there.

> I have seen you have "Replace host IPMI with PLDM & MCTP" on the
> Security Feature Wish List,
> And I think I once saw a comment in email thread the Redfish didn't
> have a host interface – can’t find though.

The PLDM/MCTP stack is partially implemented.  Reviews are here:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/q/mctp and work continues.

The email archive is here: https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/.
My understanding of BMC/host interactions is weak, and I apologize if I
made misstated anything.  With that, I understand OpenBMC intends to use
Redfish APIs, and IBM is moving from host IPMI to MCTP/PLDM.

> Actually, Redfish does have a Host Interface specification that I
> wanted to make sure you are aware of -- especially from a security
> point of view.
> So I would like to get on the agenda list for some meeting to give an
> overview -- Redfish Host Interface and related security model
> The security model has been often misunderstood.

Thanks, that would be helpful.  I've added the topic to the agenda,
here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b7x9BaxsfcukQDqbvZsU2ehMq4xoJRQvLxxsDUWmAOI/.
   This week's agenda looks pretty big...we'll cover this topic when we
can.

- Joseph