Change IPMI chassis status to use xyz.openbmc_project.State.Chassis instead of pgood

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Fri Jun 21 07:23:49 AEST 2019

Hello,

In this review, I'm proposing that IPMI should not directly read the
status of pgood for the IPMI Chassis Status and should instead use
xyz.openbmc_project.State.Chassis:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/+/21787.

The change assumes that anyone using this IPMI command (and the current
pgood property) also supports the xyz.openbmc_project.State.Chassis
interface and the change will be seamless.  However, Emily wisely
suggested in the review that I should double-check that assumption.

If there is anyone who requires the IPMI Chassis Status command to work
using only pgood and not xyz.openbmc_project.State.Chassis, please
comment in the review, so we can figure out the right solution.

Thanks!
-Jason