phosphor-ipmi-flash making progress!

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Fri Jun 21 00:26:29 AEST 2019

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 11:23 PM Neeraj Ladkani <neladk at microsoft.com> wrote:

> What are in-band update methods for OpenBMC? I see this(phosphor-ipmi-flash) can take takes ~3 hours over IPMI. What is the solution for in-band update?  what tools can be used?

It supports the LPC memory region interface available with the Aspeed
and Nuvoton BMCs.  Then it doesn't take 3 hours.  It also supports
using the aspeed pci-to-ahb bridge on Aspeed.  It will probably
support Nuvoton's variation of that, but that's beyond my current
scoping.  As far as tools, i don't entirely know what you mean.  There
is a tool in phosphor-ipmi-flash for the host.