Platform telemetry and health monitoring

Deepak Kodihalli dkodihal at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jun 20 19:24:35 AEST 2019

On 19/06/19 11:11 AM, Neeraj Ladkani wrote:
> In last meeting, we discussed that telemetry data can be collected using “tools” and exported using binary “blobs”,
>
> Should we define a standard data format so that information can be parsed through standard mechanism and help taking specific actions.
>
> Host CPU
> Memory
> Network Adapter
> GPUs/IPUs
> BMCs

Redfish has a work-in-progress [1] Telemetry schema, and I believe via
this schema, one can pull out telemetry information, as well as have the
BMC push out Telemetry information via server-sent events. Are you
looking at this as an option?

[1]
https://www.dmtf.org/documents/redfish-spmf/redfish-telemetry-white-paper-010a

Regards,