Some questions about recipes-phosphor/inventory

Tony Lee (李文富) Tony.Lee at quantatw.com
Thu Jun 20 15:39:39 AEST 2019

Hi Brad,

As our phosphor-nvme proposal, https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/19061
it will set properties to D-bus "xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Manager" and object paths are
"/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/chassis/motherboard/nvme(index)"

I have found two ways to achieve the above goals, but I have some problems with these two methods.

1.Add a yaml file to openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/inventory to create those object paths.

Creating a bb file named “phosphor-inventory-manager-nvme.bb” and follow the way like “phosphor-inventory-manager-assettag.bb”.

One of the problems is that not every developer needs these paths.
Another question is that it doesn't know how many NVMe drives were used for other projects.

2.Add a description of how to create object paths to D-bus "xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Manager" and give an example in README file.

Which approach do you think is better or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Best Regards,
Tony