CI to stop testing meta-* layers not in tested machine

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Wed Jun 19 11:06:50 AEST 2019

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019, at 10:16, Benjamin Fair wrote:

> > > +1
> > >
> > > Many things are already broken on QEMU, including phosphor-ipmi-host.
> > > It's not a useful platform to test with.
> > >

> > Is that a general statement about QEMU, or are you talking about the generic
> > qemu image as Joel was?
>
> That's specifically an issue with the generic QEMU image. It's because
> the generic image doesn't include u-boot, which is a dependency of
> phosphor-ipmi-host (transitively through clear-once).

I've hit that before, and it's not an intuitive problem. I'm all for ditching the
generic qemu machine. Back when I wrote the original aspeed support for
qemu I was looking at integrating the machine configuration into the openbmc
tree, but it was a little awkward at the time. It would be good if someone could
pick that up, as upstream have rearranged how they invoke qemu and it should
be more flexible now.

Andrew