Local user management

Jandra A jandraara at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 04:49:23 AEST 2019

Hello all,

There have been some usability concerns from users on the current 'Local
user management' design, and we would like to propose a design to address
these issues:

   - The 'User account properties' section is too prominent, taking away
   from 'User account information'.

   - Adding a user account is not always visible and is too similar to the
   'edit' mode.

   - It is not clear what the difference is between 'Locked' and 'Enabled'
   or what the purpose of surfacing locked users is if it is temporary and
   limited to the amount of time set by a sys admin.

Our proposal is a work in progress on which we are getting user feedback
and invite you to provide yours too.
Redesign proposal:
https://ibm.invisionapp.com/share/4XNZ0JAMJ7B#/319147576_6-4-1_Regular

>From this design we have the following questions:

   - Where do the password requirements come from (imposed by the BMC or
   their company's security team)? Should they be set in the GUI (at one point
   there were fields for the max  and min lengths)?
   - Do we have the ability to include a "custom" role type for local
   users, in addition to the four existing roles (Admin, Operator, Callback,
   and User)?
   - When is the current password required to change a password?

Regards,
Jandra Aranguren