CI to stop testing meta-* layers not in tested machine

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Mon Jun 17 13:29:47 AEST 2019

> > Once we get the u-boot issue sorted out, I propose the following changes:
> >
> >  - drop qemu from CI. 'qemu' is actually testing on a generic arm
> > machine. A few of us at IBM have a side project that has resulted in a
> > high quality Qemu support for the aspeed boards, so if you would like
> > to test in qemu I recommend grabbing palmetto or romulus and doing
> > that. So consider this dropping the generic qemu image and instead
> > focusing on the aspeed one.
>
> +1
>
> Many things are already broken on QEMU, including phosphor-ipmi-host.
> It's not a useful platform to test with.

Is that a general statement about QEMU, or are you talking about the generic
qemu image as Joel was?

It would be great if we had more contributions on the QEMU side. There's a
list of things that can be attacked in the wiki:

https://github.com/openbmc/qemu/wiki

Modelling I2C peripherals is usually a good first step.

Andrew