OpenBMC at OCP Technology Day(s)

Sai Dasari sdasari at fb.com
Sat Jun 15 22:44:54 AEST 2019

Hi Andrew,

OCP Technology Days are being hosted/sponsored by various member companies working across globe (e.g. Taiwan, India, China, Japan). If we find a UK based company to sponsor OCP event, we can check with OCP foundation to get this planned/scheduled.

In addition, OCP hosts two major summits: Global Summit in SanJose/USA (March) and Regional Summit in Amsterdam/Europe (September) and I strongly encourage companies around UK/Europe to join upcoming Regional Summit in September 26-27 (https://www.opencompute.org/summit/regional-summit). Some of the OpenBMC project members participates in these events to share ongoing work with OCP community and meetup face to face during these events.

We also are having OpenBMC project specific meetup/hackathons which are hosted by volunteer companies e.g. Google, Intel. This year, we are collaborating with Open System Firmware Conference (https://osfc.io/) and are planning to have a 2-day meetup followed by 2-day hackathon in US. FYI, last year this OSFC conference was held in Germany/Europe.

All of these events are advertised or discussed on this mailing list and there is no other unofficial interest group for finding such events.

Thanks,
Sai.

On 6/15/19, 5:16 AM, "Andrew Luke Nesbit" <ullbeking at andrewnesbit.org> wrote:

    On 15/06/2019 12:50, Sai Dasari wrote:
    > It was great meetup of our project today at OCP Technology Day at India
    > (Thanks to Flipkart!)

    I have looked into OCP event locations on a couple of occasions.  Is
    there much of an OCP presence in the UK?

    Either officially, or some sort of unofficial interest group?
    Especially for things like OpenBMC and OpenPOWER.

    Kind regards,

    Andrew
    --
    OpenPGP key: EB28 0338 28B7 19DA DAB0  B193 D21D 996E 883B E5B9