static analysis of openbmc systemd targets

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 04:52:10 AEST 2019

I'm looking for an easy way to visualize OpenBMC's systemd target
dependencies. This will help with reviewing changes to these targets
and services and help visualize future features[1].

I know there is systemd-analyze but this is a runtime tool (i.e. must
be run within an executing OpenBMC based system) and it doesn't handle
some of the nuances of OpenBMC (like our mapper stuff)[2]. I'd like a
tool I could run against the rootfs after a bitbake of a system that
would list out all targets, their OnError targets, and their dependent
services and targets (requires and wants).

I'm thinking of writing up a python tool to do this. Thoughts or
alternatives out there?

Andrew

[1] https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/22395
[2] https://ozlabs.org/~arj/openbmc/systemd.svg