U-Boot environment management from userspace

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Wed Jun 5 22:35:16 AEST 2019

Hi Vernon

> Brad,
>
> It sounds like Intel is not the only ones that might benefit from a
> service like this, so it might be a good time for a new
> project/repo.
>
> Could you create a new repo for us: phosphor-u-boot-env-mgr

Will do.

It sounds like you are working on something that needs a new repo, will
generate a new dbus API and have applications providing and consuming
that API.  That sounds like a non-trivial enhancement to OpenBMC.

Please consider having someone submit a completed design template and
opening a github issue.  This enables the rest of the community to know
what Intel is working on and when, and thus have input, possibly help,
and avoid duplicate work.  Please let me know if any of my thinking
here is flawed.

thx - brad