[Design] PSU firmware update

Neeraj Ladkani neladk at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 4 16:43:25 AEST 2019

Are you proposing that if PSU FW is attempted and if system is powered on, the FW update will not start? We should not tie framework with these requirements.  If this is really required for a particular platform design then vendor specific tool can have right checks before triggering the update.

Also how do we tie this with IPMI?  How does the payload reach BMC and How do we know progress of FW update ?

Thanks
Neeraj