pid control configuration

Ed Tanous ed.tanous at intel.com
Tue Jun 4 03:43:42 AEST 2019

On 5/31/19 2:00 PM, Vijay Khemka wrote:

> This config is failing with below message.
> Apr 12 23:32:39 tiogapass swampd[1310]: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
> Apr 12 23:32:39 tiogapass swampd[1310]:   what():  _Map_base::at

If I had to guess, you're missing a property that's required.

> Is there any default data which I can be used for config but has no impact in its action?

Like I said before, I don't know of anyone running phosphor-pid like you
are hoping to.  The "default" is to run in cascade loop mode, and all
the existing systems are examples of that configuration.  It's likely
time for you to break out GDB and start debugging your configuration.

Alternatively, approximating your fans as linear, and using that as the
output targets would likely get you to a working thermal solution faster
than going down the path you're going.