BMC util

vishwa vishwa at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jul 24 16:37:15 AEST 2019

Hi Vijay,

On 7/24/19 12:21 AM, Vijay Khemka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do we have any repo which supports command line utility like
>
>  1. power on/off server,
>  2. reading all sensors
>  3. reading a dbus property values
>  4. printing fru data.

There are some here. https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-tools

Below is what we use mostly.

https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-state-manager/blob/master/obmcutil

# obmcutil --help
usage: obmcutil [-h] [--verbose] [--wait]
{bmcstate,bootprogress,chassiskill,chassisoff,chassison,chassisstate,hoststate,power,poweroff,poweron,state,status}

positional arguments:
{bmcstate,bootprogress,chassiskill,chassisoff,chassison,chassisstate,hoststate,power,poweroff,poweron,state,status}

optional arguments:
   -h, --help            show this help message and exit
   --verbose, -v         Verbose output
   --wait, -w            Block until the state transition succeeds or fails

> Also do we have any daemon to monitor gpio lines and report events on
> changing values.

https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-gpio-monitor

I am currently writing a README on how this works when the GPIO is
asserted and how to configure the actions to be taken.