dbus-sensors + phosphor-hwmon

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Wed Jul 24 02:58:46 AEST 2019

On 7/22/2019 3:26 PM, Patrick Venture wrote:
> I haven't tested yet, but I have a device-tree with a lot of ~40
> hard-coded sensors on it, and then the other sensors will be detected
> with entity-manager (once that's set up).

Entity-manager doesn't detect sensors, it detects removable components
then expects certain sensors. For our baseboard here:
https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/blob/master/configurations/WFT%20Baseboard.json
at the bottom of the file there is a dbus-probe for an
xyz.openbmc_project.FruDevice interface with some specific properties.
If those match, then entity-manager through sysfs can add some sensors
https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/blob/master/include/devices.hpp

You could also use device tree if you wanted, the export just wouldn't
succeed. But you would need a json file with the sensors bus and address
for dbus-sensors to work.

-James