bmc_booted LED group was not asserted when BMC started up

vishwa vishwa at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jul 16 19:12:56 AEST 2019

Hmm.,,

Clearly, the systemd unit did not run / was not loaded successfully etc.
Below line is telling me that some edits were done.

Warning: The unit file, source configuration file or drop-ins of
obmc-led-group-start at bmc_booted.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl
daemon-reload' to reload units.

Have you tried to reload systemd ?

Jul 11 04:54:06 runbmc-nuvoton systemd[1]: Started Wait for
/xyz/openbmc_project/led/groups/bmc_booted.

That is telling me that, it is waiting for the precondition to be met..
I thought you won't reach BMCReady state while having this stuck.  What
is the "obmcutil state" saying ?.

Also, can you try "systemctl
startobmc-led-group-start at bmc_booted.service" and see how it behaves.

If it's a one-off, I would suggest retry.. If this is persisting, open a
girhub issue with needed information on  how to recreate.

!! Vishwa !!