phosphor-ipmi-flash: Aspeed LPC Tested

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Tue Jul 16 00:13:08 AEST 2019

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 2:54 AM CS20 CTCchien <CTCCHIEN at nuvoton.com> wrote:

> Hi Patrick,

Please always include the mailing list when reaching out for help for
a few reasons: 1) I'm not always around and others can help, 2) in the
future someone may have the same problem and find this discussion.
Thanks.

> I have few questions about Configuration B( nuvoton LPC)
>
> How do you know what value the MAPPED_ADDRESS should be?
> EXTRA_OECONF_append_b = " MAPPED_ADDRESS=0xc0008000"

Benjamin, how is this address chosen for nuvoton?  I know with the
aspeed-lpc driver it's the region specified in the device-tree, s.t.
the BMC kernel won't map anything into it (keep it free).

> These parameters are the input of running an application , but why can you just assign a address and length before allocating?
> --address 0xfedc1000
> --length 0x1000

The values passed here are where you've locked off space for this
purpose via your bios memory map configuration (or your kernel
configuration).  To say, keep this free.  IIRC.