VRM control&monitoring discussion

Derek Howard derekh at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jul 12 06:25:42 AEST 2019

Hello, we are currently investigating some different options for VRM
control&monitoring, and would be interested in discussing fw designs
from/with other companies.

We currently use a data-driven fw design to give the system designers
flexibility in the hw designs and requirements on fw. We require more
support than what the existing device drivers provide (our hw engineers
use multiple types of VRM devices, and need access to a large number of
device-specific registers beyond just setting voltages, such as in the
i2c config space).

If you'd be willing to share ideas, and collaborate on potential future
designs, please email me and we can set something up.

Thanks!